Coindre Hall Soccer

Long Island, NY

Week 5 Review

Weekly Review… WEEK 5

Competition was tough in the U7 bracket this week as the first four games produced two draws and two games that were won by a single goal. The opening game saw the Great White Sharks take an early lead against second placed Chelsea when Brent Starkey drilled in a shot from outside the box. It wasn’t until late in the second half that David McCalla leveled from close range to give Chelsea a share of the points, 1-1 the final score.

Chelsea then overcame the Rockets 3-2 despite being 2-0 down in the first half. Enzo Pupillo and Annika Galvin scored for the Rockets but goals from Matthew Greer and David McCalla brought Chelsea level. Jason Kaiser was the hero for Chelsea with a late winner to keep them in second place.

The Great White Sharks and St.Elizabeth Lightning looked to be heading for a 0-0 stalemate until Brent Starkey stepped up with his second goal of the day to break the tie and give the Sharks a 1-0 victory.

Dix Hills started well against the Rockets with Golden Boot leader Tyler Varlack opening the scoring. Max Futter added a second for Dix Hills who led 2-0 at the half. The Rockets missed a few chances before Jason Kaiser finally got them back in the game with a clinical finish and Liam Harrington tied it up in the last minute from an acute angle. 2-2 the final score.

The two St. Elizabeth teams then battled it out with the league leaders, the Thunder, coming out on top 3-0 over the Lightning. Jack Fallon, Luca Crimi and Patrick Soulias getting the goals.
The Thunder were then made to work hard to maintain their perfect start to the season by a determined Dix Hills team. The Thunder’s top scorer, Luca Crimi, scored twice before Tyler Varlack reduced the arrears to make it 2-1. A tight finish saw Hunter Scimone score for the Thunder to give them a 3-1 victory and two more points.


New Hyde Park Firecats opened week 5 with another victory. CSH Storm were unable to stop the free scoring Firecats as Irene Tsahas scored a hat trick, Logan Ward scored twice and Emily Rose once in the 6-0 triumph. They followed that with a 4-0 win over Northport Surf. Paulina Valentine and Lauren Wasserman gave them a 2-0 lead at the half and Emily Rose and Logan Ward each scored in the second half as the Firecats made it ten wins out of ten.

CSH Storm and HBC Force shared the points in a 2-2 tie. The Force started well and took the lead with a Christine Fabrizi strike but the Storm hit back with goals from Nicole Ambrosino and Grace Concannon giving them a 2-1 advantage. Victory was snatched away from the Storm when HBC’s Kate Raptis coolly guided the ball into the corner with the last kick of the game.

It was a similar story for the Force in their second game against South Huntington USA. Joie Tortorice gave USA the lead but Kate Raptis was on hand again to tie it up for the Force. Neither team was able to find the net in a close second half and it ended 1-1.

South Huntington France took the lead three times in the first half against Northport Surf but each time the Surf replied to even things up. Emma Weigle, Daniel Kleet and Bianca Skelton were on target for France with Katherine Quinn, Erica Lynch and Allison O’Shea answering for the Surf. The second half belonged to the Surf as two goals from Riley Engleman and a second from Katherine Quinn made it 6-3 to give them their first win of the season.

South Huntington France and South Huntington USA played an entertaining 2-2 tie in the final game of the day. France were in control in the first half and two goals from Daniel Kleet gave them a deserved 2- 0 lead at the break. USA upped their game in the second half and Natalie Gonzalez netted twice to even things up. Neither team could find a winner and the points were shared.

NHP Firecats sit on top of the table with a maximum 20 points, HBC Force remain second on twelve points.


South Huntington Real Madrid and HBC Angels played an even first half with both teams going close early on. Angel’s keeper Taylor Sacks was unbeatable in the first half and it wasn’t until half way through the second half that Madrid finally managed to get one past her. Jayvin Coto rifled one in from outside the box and added a second late on to give Madrid the 2-0 victory.

Madrid were then up against the Vortex and were soon two goals down. Thomas Witthuhn gave the Vortex the lead then Zach Himmel fired in a direct free kick to make it two. Jayvin Coto pulled one back in the second half but Vortex held on for the win, 2-1.

The Angels played South Huntington Barca and matched them all the way in a fast and physical first half. Brian Valencia scored the only goal of the half when his long range effort found the corner. It was Brian again who squeezed one in from a tight angle in the second half that gave Barca the 2-0 victory.

The Vortex were looking to be the first team to take a point off Jericho Revolution but they were unable to hit the net. Jericho went in at half time two goals up thanks to Sam Josephson and a free kick from Jason Marshall. Sam Josephson then scored with a header before Todd Pearlman wrapped up the scoring, 4-0 to the Revolution.

A fine performance by Barca saw them beat the CSH Comets 3-1.Gabe Quesquen, Brian Valencia and Jamie Bonnila were on target, Dylan Collier replied for the Comets.

Jericho Revolution maintained their 100% record against the HBC Diablos. Todd Pearlman, Adam Pahlavan and Ben Alon got the goals in their 3-1 triumph with Luke McNamara scoring for the Diablos.

The Z20 Jackals and the CSH Comets played an action packed game that looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw. Both teams had chances to break the deadlock but couldn’t do so until a late strike from the Comets’ Tommy Copstein settled the game. 1-0 the final score.
The Jackals bounced back and dominated their game against the HBC Diablos. Mark Rafuse scored twice in the 6-1 win, Jack Langton scored for the Diablos but the result was never in doubt.

After five weeks it is Jericho Revolution who lead the table. The two wins for Barca moved them level on points with the Z20 Jackals, both teams now share second place.


Week five brought another round of close games in the BU15/16 division. David Alvarado gave the CSH Renegades the lead in their opening game against the Bayshore Dynasty but Victor Romero equalized with a fine individual effort. Both keepers had to work to keep the score even and it looked like ending that way until Nick Sherman smashed home the winner with the last kick of the game to give the Renegades a 2-1 victory.

The Dynasty were then in action against Juventus and another tight affair saw both teams go close without success. This time it was the Dynasty’s turn to provide the ‘sting in the tail’ when Matt Vandenburg fired in the only goal of the game in the last minute.

Another match going to the wire was the Warriors game with the CSH Renegades. Jeff Sully gave the Warriors an early lead and Wilson Martinez doubled it before half time. The Renegades hit back with a goal from David Alvarado and pressed hard for an equalizer but found Warriors keeper Danny Zagorski in fine form. His two late saves kept the Renegades at bay and made sure the points went to the Warriors.

Juventus took the lead against Bayshore Falcons when Golden Boot leader Jerry Tobar found space and then the bottom corner with a firm strike. Mike Bernardo leveled for the Falcons but two more second half goals from Jerry Tobar saw him complete his hat trick and the scoring, 3-1 to Juventus.
The Warriors then found their scoring touch and it was the Falcons who suffered losing 6-2 in the final game of the day. Nick Tonks and Max Karen were on target twice for the Warriors with Mike Bernardo replying twice for the Falcons.

That win moved the Warriors back to the top of the table one point ahead of Juventus.


Coindre Hall Soccer © 2014 Frontier Theme