Coindre Hall Soccer

Long Island, NY

Week 8 Review



Week 8



Southdown Flyers ended the league season with two victories and head into the weekends play offs in a confident mood. Colby Konisberg and Jack Steinberg scored the goals in their 2-0 win over HBC Germany then Michael Tucker scored a hat trick in the 3-1 victory over the Green Machine.

HBC Holland also beat Germany, Justin Tibaldi was on target twice in the 4-0 win. Holland found the going tougher against the Future Stars who guaranteed themselves a place in the play offs with a 2-0 victory, Jamin Husselbeck and Roman Martin scored the goals.

Matthew Donnis scored the only goal of the game for Kings Park Express as they beat the Green Machine 1-0 in a close game. The Express were already sure of a first place finish in the league but suffered their first loss of the season to the Future Stars, 1-0, who secured a third place place with the victory.

The weekends play offs will see Kings Park play the Green Machine and Southdown Flyers take on the Future Stars, it should be an exciting end to the season!


Elwood and the HBC Crushers played a double header to finish their season. The first game saw Elwood come out on top 2-1 with goals by Colin McMinn and Thomas Carluccio canceling out Caden Veitch’s goal for the Crushers. The second game was just as close with both teams unable to find the net in a 0-0 draw.

Play offs

Celtic 2 v 0 HBC Cruisers

Celtic and the Cruisers met in the first play off semi final and a close first half saw both teams miss chances to take the lead. Celtic eventually broke the deadlock mid way through the second half when Lennon Harrington’s shot found the corner. Robbie Campbell scored a second shortly after to take Celtic into the final.

Rangers 1 v 2 Annoying Oranges Jnrs.

Both teams ended the season level on points so this was always going to be a close and competitive game. The Oranges struck first early in the game when top scorer Jhordan Morada finished well to give them the lead. Rangers fought back and their pressure finally paid off when Matthew Bender tied it up just before half time. Both teams attacked in the second half and it was Jhordan Morada who scored his, and the Oranges, second of the game to give them the advantage. Despite late pressure from Rangers and an almighty goalmouth scramble the Oranges defense held firm and moved into the final with a 2-1 victory.

3rd place play off

Rangers 6 v 1 HBC Cruisers

After an exciting semi final performance with Celtic the Cruisers came up against Rangers who found their goal scoring touch in a dominant performance. After a close first half Rangers pulled away in the second half with Joe Rocca scoring twice in the 6-1 victory.


Celtic 4 v 1 Annoying Oranges Jnrs.

The final was a very open game with both teams intent on attacking. Celtic took the lead through Lennon Harrington but a fine goal by Jhordan Morada made it 1-1 at the half. There were chances for both teams before Celtic regained the lead in an exciting second half. Jeffrey Flores scored the go ahead goal and a second goal each for Lennon and Jeffrey late on sealed the win for Celtic.

Congrats to all teams for an entertaining season and to Celtic for their victory in the final!


Team Poland got stronger as the season progressed and a good performance in the 0-0 tie with the HBC Chargers was followed by their first win of the season as they defeated HBC Wolves 1-0, Mikey Kline scoring the all important goal.

HBC Spurs beat Wolves 3-0 with goals by Mason Sher, Alex Aguillera and Nick Perciballi but went down 6-0 to the HBC Wildcats who also beat the Chargers 5-0. Chris Thorsen and Nick Campanelli each scored three times on the day for the Wildcats with Danny Dorrie and Dylan Rogers scoring twice and Alex Testa once.

Play offs

Chelsea 4-0 Northport Thunder

Northport Thunder went into the play offs without top scorer John Oualaalou and couldn’t find the net in their semi final game against Chelsea. Liam Harrington gave Chelsea an early lead and a hat trick by Aleks Proniewski saw Chelsea claim a place in the final with a 4-0 victory.

Arsenal 2-1 HBC Ambush

This was an exciting game from start to finish with both teams fully committed to attacking. Charlie Grimonti gave the Ambush a 1-0 half time lead and it stayed that way until late in the game when Patrick Soulias reacted first in the box and tied it up for Arsenal. It looked like the game was heading into over time but more drama was to follow as a last minute goal by Dylan Gugin sent Arsenal into the final.

3rd place place off

HBC Ambush 3-0 Northport Thunder

The Ambush recovered from their semi final loss and a confident display saw them beat Northport Thunder 3-0 in the play off for 3rd place. Charlie Grimonti, Henry Vohs and Luke Rinaldi scored the goals as the Ambush finished on a winning note.


Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal

Chelsea stormed into an early lead as Liam Harington finished off a good passing move in the first ten seconds to make it 1-0. Arsenal got themselves back into the game and Patrick Soulias equalized to make it 1-1 not long after. Arsenal went in search of more goals and only two fine saves by Ryan Schiff in the Chelsea goal kept them on level terms. Chelsea regained the lead shortly before half time with Liam Harrington scoring a second as Chelsea hit Arsenal on the break. The second half saw Arsenal press for a second equalizer but a third goal by Liam Harrington gave Chelsea some breathing space and a fourth by Lennon Harrington sealed a 4-1 victory.

Congrats to all teams in the U10 division in what was an exciting season throughout. To Chelsea for their win in the final and to Lennon Harrington who won the Golden Boot.


The HBC Outlaws opened the final week of the Bu12/13 division with a 3-2 win over the SH Saints, Michael Kleinman, Patrick Ahearne and Adrian Ramonetti all found the net. The Outlaws then played a close encounter with the SH Sharpshooters but went down 2-1, Michael Kleinman was on target again for the Outlaws but two Chris O’Connor goals secured the points for the Sharpshooters. The Sharpshooters made it two wins with a 3-0 victory over Levittown Inferno, goals by Kevin Martin, Chris O’Connor and Vinnie Santoiemma confirmed a second place finish in the league for the Sharpshooters.

Uniondale Vikingos ended the season with two more victories to finish first in the league. Warren Sanger found the net twice in the 5-1 win over the SH Saints and Douglas Barrera was on target twice in the 4-0 win over Levittown. Kazuki Yoshihashi’s two goals also meant he finished as the BU12/13 Golden Boot winner.

Congrats and thanks to the all teams, to the Vikingos for their first place finish and to Kazuki for his Golden Boot award!


The Shooting Stars and Tiger Lily’s played a double header before the play offs with each team winning once. Lauren Kennedy scored the only goal of the first game in the Tiger Lily’s 1-0 victory. The Shooting Stars then won 3-1 thanks to two goals by Mia Redick and one by Caroline Hartough, Claire Lindsey scored for the Lily’s.

Play Offs

CSH Crushers 3-1 Northport Dolphins

The Crushers came out in determined mood in the first semi final and raced into a 3-0 half time lead over the Dolphins. Kaylie Mackiewicz, Petra Brown and Brooke Baratta scored the goals. The Dolphins got back into the game with a goal by Emily Starin but despite a couple of chances couldn’t score a second and the Crushers moved into the final with a 3-1 win.

Northport Spirit 0-1 HBC Blue Devils

An exciting semi final between the Spirit and the Blue Devils saw Meghan Agrillo score the only goal in close first half to give the Devils the advantage. The Spirit pressed for most of the second half but couldn’t find a way through a resolute Devils defense who held on for the 1-0 win and moved into the final to play the Crushers.

3rd place game

Northport Dolphins 1-2 Northport Spirit

Another exciting game saw the Spirit take a 1-0 lead into the break thanks to an Elizabeth Starin goal. The Dolphins fought back in the second half and a late equalizer by Mia Freire took the game into overtime, the first play off game of the day to need the extra period! Both teams attacked in the five minute ‘Golden Goal’ period and had chances to win it but both keepers kept out the many shots coming their way. With penalty kicks looming the Spirit mounted one last attack and with only four seconds left in overtime Julianna Bertolini hammered home a rebound to give the Spirit victory.


CSH Crushers 0-1 HBC Blue Devils

The girls final was probably the most dramatic of them all with both teams defending well and limiting each other to very few half chances. It was no surprise to see them tied 0-0 at half time and it seemed inevitable that the game would need overtime and possibly penalty kicks to decide a winner. Both keepers played a big part and at the final whistle the game was still deadlocked, 0-0.

The five minute overtime period began with both teams looking for the all important goal. In the third minute of overtime it was the Blue Devils who finally made the breakthrough when Alex Gerbavsits redirected a deflected shot into the corner of the CSH net to give HBC the win. It was a tough way for the Crushers to lose in the final but both teams deserve a lot of credit for playing their part in such an exciting game.

Congrats to all the girls for such an entertaining season, to the HBC Blue Devils for their victory in the final and to Elizabeth Starin who won the Golden Boot!



Play Offs

HBC Sting 4-2 Northport Warriors

The Sting came out flying and charged into 4-0 lead thanks to two goals by Luke Luckow and one each from Eren Aydin and Jordan McCoy. The Warriors steadied the ship and reduced the arrears before half time with a goal by Evan Garone. They continued the fightback after half time and Jack Wetzel made it 4-2. Despite some pressure they couldn’t add to the total and the Sting’s first half performance was enough for them to move into the final.

Tornados 2-3 CSH Falcons

The Falcons also started strong and were 3-1 up at the half thanks to goals by Jason Castellanos, James Cosmai and Ray Domjan. Adam Debus had briefly leveled for the Tornados when he converted a penalty kick and when Corey Phelan scored a second for the Tornados with a a few minutes to go in the second half it looked like a comeback was on the cards. The Falcons held on however and despite some nervous moments in the final minute took their place in the final against the Sting.

3rd place game

Northport Warriors 4-2 Tornados

The 3rd place game saw Northport start strongly and it was the Warriors who held a 3-1 half time lead. The second half proved to be very even with both teams scoring once to give the Warriors a 4-2 victory. Sean McArdle was on target twice for the Warriors with Jack Wetzel and Joey Vivona adding one each. Adam Debus and Corey Phelan found the net for the Tornados again.


HBC Sting 2-0 CSH Falcons

The Sting were unbeaten in the league season and went into the final full of confidence but the Falcons matched them all the way in an exciting final game. The teams were level at the break with both teams unable to find the net. The Sting finally went ahead half way through the second half when top scorer Luke Luckow hammered home the opening goal. Colby Rapell made important saves to maintain the Sting’s lead before Eren Aydin wrapped it up late on with a second goal for the Sting. It was impressive end to a great season.

Congrats to all teams and players, to the Sting and to Luke Luckow for winning the BU14/15 Golden Boot award.

Coindre Hall Soccer © 2014 Frontier Theme