Coindre Hall Soccer

Long Island, NY

Week 8 Review

WEEK 8 Review


The BU6 play-offs began with first placed HBC Greece playing against 4th place Northport Ninja Turtles. Josue Corea gave Greece an early lead but Gabriel Ko levelled for the Ninja’s before the break. The Ninja’s played an excellent second half but were undone by two more Josue Corea goals as Greece moved into the final with a 3-1 victory.

Two points separated Dix Hills and HBC England in 2nd and 3rd place and as expected the play-off game was another close affair. Chances were few and far between in the first half with both teams unable to score. The first goal was always going to be important and it was England who made the breakthrough when Lennon Harrington’s shot found the corner. The game was wrapped up when England were awarded a penalty which Lennon Harrington converted to give England the 2-0 win.

FINAL: HBC Greece v HBC England

HBC Greece and HBC England played an exciting final with England taking the lead thanks to a Lennon Harrington free kick. He then added a second before half time to give England a two goal advantage. Greece hit back after the break with Josue Corea finding the net to make it a 2-1 game. Both teams had half chances as Greece pressed for the equalizer but the England defense held firm and Lennon Harrington completed his hat trick with the very last kick of the game to make the final score 3-1 in England’s favor.

Northport Kickers finished the season in style with two victories over Northport Ninja Turtles and Dix Hills. Callan Steele was on target against the Ninja’s in a 2-1 win and was the only scorer in the Dix Hills game as the Kickers came out on top 1-0.

Congratulations to all teams for a great U6 season, to England for their win in the final and to Josue Corea and Lennon Harrington who’s goals earned them both a ‘Golden Boot ‘ trophy.


The BU8 play-offs paired HBC Milan with Everton and HBC City with HBC Spurs.

HBC Milan eased their way into the final with a comfortable 5-0 win over Everton. Chastain Cassidy, Justin Gennat, Gavin Wistosky, David Mccalla and Jordan Heyman were all on target in the semi final victory.

City and Spurs played an end to end game with defenses dominating the play. The decisive goal was an unfortunate own goal by Spurs which gave City the 1-0 win and a place in the final against Milan.

Final: HBC City v HBC Milan

Milan started the final brightly and took an early two goal lead with goals from Chastain Cassidy and Shay Daly. City improved but were unable to get a goal back before the break. The second half was close with both teams creating but missing half chances. Milan’s defense was solid and they saw out the half without conceding to win the game 2-0.

The game of the play-offs was the third place game between Everton and Spurs. Patrick Soulias gave Everton the lead on two occasions but Spurs hit back each time with goals by Amile Villatoro. After a ‘sudden death’ five minute overtime that couldn’t produce a winning goal it went to penalty kicks. Spurs won the shoot out by a score of 2-1 to finish in third place.

Congratulations to everyone for an exciting season, to Milan for their triumph in the play-of final and to City’s Geral Cortez who won the ‘Golden Boot’ award.


Arsenal and City FC played the first semi final in the BU9 division and it was City who moved into the final with a tight 1-0 win. Arsenal had chances to win it but were unable to convert and City took advantage with a late winner by Dylan Aery.                                                                                                                                            The other semi final saw the Annoying Oranges come out on top against HBC Liverpool. Enzo Pupillo and Ian Husselbeck gave the Oranges a 2-0 lead before Max Futter pulled one back for Liverpool. Two Wilmer Flores goals settled the game though as the Oranges won the game 4-1.

Arsenal claimed third place with a 3-1 win over Liverpool in the third place game. Sean Kozodoy scored twice and Geral Cortez once for Arsenal with Tyler Cooper replying with a late goal for Liverpool.

FINAL: Annoying Oranges v City FC

The Annoying Oranges proved too strong for City FC as they won the BU9 final. Andrew Pinzone and Ian Husselbeck were on target for the Oranges before Nico Corea pulled one back for City. A Gavin Kata goal and an own goal completed the scoring for the Oranges who triumphed 4-1.

Congratulations to all the teams for another fun season, to the Annoying Oranges on their win in the final and to Sean Kozodoy of Arsenal who won the Golden Boot trophy.


The Wasabis and the Uniondale Vikingos played an excellent game in the BU11/12 play-off semi final. Two Owen Husselbeck goals looked like winning it for the Wasabis but Andrew Orega and Justin Mendez each took turns equalizing to take the game into extra time. With only a minute of sudden death overtime played Warren Sanger became the hero for the Vikingos as he slid the winning goal past the Wasabis keeper to take them into the final.

In the other semi final the South Huntington Sharpshooters took an early lead against the Uniondale Pitbulls when Chris O’Connor scored. The Pitbulls were soon level though and went on to win the game 3-1 thanks to goals by Andy Plasencia, Steven Romero and Westin Guevara to set up an all Uniondale Final.

The third place game was another close game that saw the SH Sharpshooters play the Wasabis. Jonathan Solar and Matt Calandra scored for the Sharpshooters as they held on to a 2-1 lead to take third place.

Final: Uniondale Vikingos v Uniondale Pitbulls

The BU11/12 final was tense from the first kick to the very last. Both teams attacked but both defenses were solid and clear cut chances were at a premium. It really was end to end throughout the game but neither team could break the deadlock and the game went to sudden death overtime. Within two minutes Adrian Astudillo became the hero for the Vikingos as his shot found the net to give his team the first place trophies.

Congrats to all teams for an exciting season, to the Vikingos and Pitbulls for such a great final game and to the Vikingos’ Alen Calderon who’s seventeen goals earned him the Golden Boot trophy.


The CSH Crushers went into the play-offs having won all of their league games. Their streak continued as they beat the Syosset Cosmos 4-0 in the first semi final, the goals coming from Emily Plachta, Meredith McPharlin, Logan Vitagliano and Holly Strang.

The Dynamites and the Syosset Lady Gunners played a close game in the other semi final with Dynamites coming out on top 4-2. Jessica Locker and Sloan Soifer were on target for Syosset but goals by Valerie Norton, Julianna Bertolini, Mia Freire and Annie Gruhn saw the Dynamites progress to the final.

Final: CSH Crushers v Dynamites

The Dynamites started the final in confident mood and led at half time 1-0 thanks to a Mia Freire goal. The Dynamites defended valiantly for most of the second half but the Crushers pressure finally paid off with an equalizing goal by Noah Kimmelman in the last two minutes of the game to make the final score 1-1. ‘Sudden Death’ overtime began with more pressure from the Crushers and Logan Vitagliano scored the winning goal to give CSH the victory.

Congrats to all the girls for another great season, to CSH on their final triumph and to Sloan Soifer of the Syosset Lady Gunners who won the ‘Golden Boot’ trophy.


The first play-off game was between SH Hammers Red and the HBC Sting. It was a game of few chances and was eventually decided by one goal. Eren Ayden got the winner for the Sting to take them into the final.

SH White were soon two behind in the other semi final against Harborfields Brotherhood, Colin Barnard and Ethan Krauss with first half goals. The Reds recovered in the second half and two Tim Mahedeo goals took the game into sudden death overtime. With both teams unable to find the net in the five minute overtime period the game went to penalty kicks. The Brotherhood held their nerve to win the shootout and go through to the final.

Eric Cajowski and Sean McDonnell were on target for the SH Hammers Red as they won the third place game against the Hammers White 2-1, Alec Wurtz replied for the Whites.

Final: Harborfields Brotherhood v HBC Sting

The final was an excellent game that could have gone either way. The Sting led through another Eren Ayden goal but the Brotherhood hit back with goals by Colin Barnard and Nick Carino. John Tucker scored for the Sting to make it 2-2 and a late strike by Eren Ayden gave the Sting a 3-2 lead which they held onto to finish in first place.

Congratulations to all teams for an exciting season, to the Sting on their win in the final and to Tim Mahedeo on his Golden Boot award.

Coindre Hall Soccer © 2014 Frontier Theme